1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and others... I got an interview :o) but... advice needed!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by bumble-bee89, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I'm really pleased that after numerous applications and losing my faith I have finally secured an interview for my first teaching position!

I've been given a teaching task and was asked by the school to email back to confirm my attendance, in that email I included a number of questions about the children's abilities, any support etc so that I'm prepared. However, now I'm panicking that I've sent too many questions and they might think bad of me!

Do you think that this could happen? (I've sent 5 or 6 questions)

Thanks

Bumble bee

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Depends what the questions are! If they are all linked to your aim of pupils learning and making progress, then no problem. Make sure that the info you get from them is all reflected in your lesson plan and differentiation is clear. Well done for that interview. Tead the advice in the welcome thread and get ready to start a new thread Dear Theo I got that job!

3. Thanks Theo, they've replied however haven't really given me any specific information, just to plan for expected levels.
    I've been reading through all the useful advice and feel fairly confident now, I really want to secure my dream NQT job for September. Hopefully I will be able to post that 'I got the job' thread soon.