1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and others - help this is all so confusing !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Curae, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Curae

Curae Lead commenter

Hi,
    I am about to apply for a teaching post in a Catholic school. The school requests that I fill in a CES application form ( it includes a supporting statement page towards the end of the CES form).
    It also requests a 'Letter of application which should address the person specification and actually states not to repeat any informntion in this letter that has been included in the CES form.
    My problem is as follows;
    1. I thought the personal statement in the CES application should address the person specification -not according to this school !! So what should I address in the CES personal statement section ?
    2. Should I also include an executive summary in addition to the letter of application and CES application form ?
    Many thanks
    Cristina

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

A bit confusing, and a bit daft, actually . . .
    So do a general philosophy of education statement for the form, and then specifically answer the person spec for the letter. I would include an executive summary too.
    Pero ¡¡¡¡¡¡déjate ya de tantos puntos de exclamación!!!!!
    Best wishes

3. Curae

Curae Lead commenter

Hi,
    Thank you for the advice.
    A philisophy of education statement in the CES form - I understand ( well at least I think I do [​IMG]) what this is but should I also make it personal to what I believe education should be in the 21st Century and moreover a Catholic education. I feel if I don't I will just be quoting a summary of the National Curriculum.
    Note that I have not used one exclamation mark ! Ooops [​IMG]
    Muchisimas gracias por todo.
    Saludos
    Cristina

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Definitely about you, what your general strengths are in the classroom, as opposed to the letter which will be about the school, and how you meet its needs.

5. Curae

Curae Lead commenter

Many thanks . It now makes more sense.