1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and others, does my school have to allow me time off to attend an interview?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Nov 18, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done! That's great news to have been shortlisted!
    They are not obliged to let you have the time off, no. But usually they do.
    Try and be as helpful as possible. Do you actually need the whole day - could you come back to school afterwards? How could you set work for your classes that would be easy for someone else to deal with? You have a couple of weeks to organise your work so that should be possible.
    Don't forget to read very carefully the interview clickables inside the Welcome thread.
    We look forward to you starting that new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

2. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

Thanks Lara, I guess that is fair enough about not being paid especially as someone will need to be paid to cover me....