1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and others: application form help... Please.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by KitMaff, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Hi Theo and others,
    I've done a search for this and understand that I shouldn't be leaving any sections blank or writing "see attached letter". On a form I'm filling out at the moment there is a section called "Support Information".
    It says (if this doesn't C&P I will type it out but have to try!):
    Candidates are invited to attach a letter in support of this application.
    You can use the space below or continue on a separate sheet as necessary.
    This may be hand-written in black ink, but it is preferable to type it.
    It should include, among other things:

• Why you are applying for this post and what you can bring to it
    • How your experience suits you to the post
    • How your training experiences have prepared you for the post
    It then gives me 9 lines. NINE. Nine lines. [​IMG]
    My question: What am I supposed to do in this space? Suggestions please! Thank you very much [​IMG]

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Is it a Word doc for electronic use? If so, as you type, the space will automatically lengthen.I've just recently completed one of these.
    If it's a printed doc, you'll have to do a short intro and the say 'Continued on separate sheet' as advised. Make sure your name goes either top or bottom in case after photocopying it becomes separate to the remainder of your form.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Just do as it says. Start it on there, writing 8 lines but WITHOUT your address or Dear Mr Griff, to save space. Then write Continued on separate sheet.
    And jolly well make sure that that sheet has your name on it! Can you imagine if someone dropped it, and then didn't know whose it was . . .
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com