1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo (and others) - A question about shortlisting

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by hayls87, May 23, 2012.

1. I think this question is essentially how long is a piece of string but i'll ask it anyway!

In terms of closing dates and shortlisting of candidates what is the realistic timespan for this? - everytime i've been shortlisted its pretty much been on the day of closing - but considering that schools can take their time for jobs starting in September would it be more realistic that schools might take a few weeks to decide? Essentially I'm asking when you should accept you've not been shortlisted - I know this will differ from school to school so any information would be helpful!

Thanks in advance for any replies (hope your all enjoying the sunshine!)

2. I think this question is essentially how long is a piece of string but i'll ask it anyway!

In terms of closing dates and shortlisting of candidates what is the realistic timespan for this? - everytime i've been shortlisted its pretty much been on the day of closing - but considering that schools can take their time for jobs starting in September would it be more realistic that schools might take a few weeks to decide? Essentially I'm asking when you should accept you've not been shortlisted - I know this will differ from school to school so any information would be helpful!

Thanks in advance for any replies (hope your all enjoying the sunshine!)

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Very unlikely - all heads still want their 'pick' of the candidates and delaying means it's more likely your chosen candidates will already have found jobs.