1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and other jobseekers

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Studentteach1, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Forgot to say it's a primary post :)

2. I would definitely take it - you never know, it may develop into more hours, through extra supply or PPA cover or something. It's a 'foot in the door', and you can still keep on looking for full time positions. Well done!

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Yes you can start your NQT, it will take almost 2 years on 0.6 (the tda website has an induction calculator to work out exact) I'd go for in. Bird in the hand and all that [​IMG] well done xx

4. Thank you for all your replies :)
    I think I am going to accept it as the job market is tough at the moment (I'm in NW) and I think it will be valuable KS2 experience in a nice school.
    I have thought about not being able to apply for jobs if I do take it but I think that is a chance I'm going to take as I have applied for so many like so many others and I don't want to end up with nothing at all for September.
    Going to get the finer details of the post this week so will let you know. Thanks again :)