1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and MinnieMinx... I got through to the last round!!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lilybett, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Ha ha ha sorry, but darn it, I'm jazzed!
    Got shortlisted woo and had an observed lesson today, and the outcome of the lesson dictated whether I'd be asked back tomorrow for the fiiinal interview...
    I was sooo nervous and kept doubting my plans for the lesson, even at 1am this morning I was still up and wondering whether I'd completely missed the point etc etc... and MinnieMinx in particular has just been so fantastic and so together and gave me loads of ace feedback (and Teacher1974, too, but I dunno if he/she posts in this bit). I have to admit that at the end of the lesson I wasn't entiiirely sure how it had gone because some of them seriously hadn't got it so I had to think of something parallel for them to do, and I had run over by a few mins, but the Head said it was "very good" (!!!) and immediately asked me back tomorrow.
    I know I shouldn't jinx it like this but I'm just so so happyyy and trying to stay happyyy and not over-think anything so I can whack the panel around the head tomorrow with what an amazing addition to their staff I would be!!!!
    So. In short. Excited. And THANK YOU so much for all your amazing help in getting this far xxxx
    PS: Sorry for the double post! Idiot! But I did want to thank Theo cos I asked some really inane questions when I wasn't sure what to do cos I didn't know if my application had bee received, and whether to reply to the Head's email etc etc and he very kindly and patiently took the time to advise

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Excellent news! You must be pretty pleased with yourself, and why not? This is a super achievement!
    Now go to bed and get some sleep!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

My advice is to get to bed and relax as much as you can. Read all the advice at the top of the forum about interviews and then sleeeeeeep!

Very, very best of luck tomorrow!

Oh and no need to be too grateful, teaching fab maths lessons is what I trained to do back in the dark ages and have done for too many years.