1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo (and fellow jobseekers): Sods law!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by kjmushroom, Nov 30, 2011.

1. <font size="2">Hello,</font><font size="2"> I haven&rsquo;t posted on here often but follow all the advice to the letter and have had success gaining interviews but never got the actual job! </font><font size="2"> I just got in from a hard days striking (currently a HTLA) to find a letter inviting me to teach a lesson at a school I applied to weeks ago - TOMORROW!! </font><font size="2">1. The school is an hour away from my house and at least an hour and a half away from my current school </font><font size="2">2. I have a full timetable of teaching on a Thursday (only day of the week!) so would need cover for my lessons and that would leave my current school in the lurch badly (I am leaving at Christmas anyway but I need them as a ref and I'm not the kind of person that could do that anyway!)</font><font size="2">My question is - how much chance do people think I have of persuading the school to re-arrange the lesson?? The formal interview is on the 12th so I'm kind of thinking its worth asking them to consider this. It&rsquo;s a yr 5 and 6 job in a Welsh Lang school, not the best school and in the middle the sticks so I&rsquo;m hoping they may not have the hundreds of applicants that some of you on here are up against :-( </font><font size="2">Thanks </font><font size="2"> KJ</font>

2. Thanks for the advice Theo...I did plan (well change a previous) lesson but I also phoned them to tell them that I had such short notice (and to ask other things for the logistics for the lesson). The head teacher offered to move the obs lesson to next week to give me more time so I took them up on it! Off I go now to work on my lesson! [​IMG]

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Congratulations on the interview kjmushroom!
    School seemed quite obliging about the mix up, so probably good to work for.
    Fingers crossed.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Excellent!
    Perfect outcome. You showed yourself willing to do at short notice (brownie points) but they moved it anyway.
    Good luck now!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars