1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and Everyone - Um, am in shock!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by emmadrg, Nov 25, 2011.

1. emmadrg

emmadrg New commenter

Great news! Keeping fingers crossed for you [​IMG]

2. That's great news. Fingers crossed. I did a written task on one of my interviews Still no job though! [​IMG] It was all about safeguarding. I was given various situations and had to write about what I would do it those circumstances. Just thought it may be useful to know what other people have done. Good luck!

3. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Thank for all the good lucks. Not stressing too much about the unseen written task, as realised I've had one before but called an 'in-tray', and if it's unseen can't do much about that! However if it's Maths I may have a problem[​IMG]. Oh well!
    As for everything else - erm still panicking and have already taken 'Rescue Remedy'. Hasn' t worked for far, but need to continue to sort myself out.
    [​IMG] Sorry!
    Right need to start <strike>panicking, </strike>preparing some more! x

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Remember that everyone else will be feeling nervous too!
    Wear something that you feel comfortable and confident in for the interview.
    Give a nice firm handshake and smile.
    You have to act as if you are confident - even if you aren't - this is what most of us do all the time! You'd be surprised at how many people who come across as confident are actually tied in knots inside.
    You must stop talking yourself out of this job before you've even got to the interview. Just think about what you can do well - positive thoughts only from now on please.
    [​IMG]

5. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Ok[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter

That's the ticket!