1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and Everyone: Person Spec

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by boperella, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Just a quicky,
    If their person spec is 2 pages long can my executive summary be 2 pages long in response? It is seeminly impossible to fit my responses to ALL their requirements onto 1 page.
    Thanks for all your help and support people, in times like this i think of Dori; 'Just keep swimming...'
    x

2. Just a quicky,
    If their person spec is 2 pages long can my executive summary be 2 pages long in response? It is seeminly impossible to fit my responses to ALL their requirements onto 1 page.
    Thanks for all your help and support people, in times like this i think of Dori; 'Just keep swimming...'
    x

3. carrotsandcream

carrotsandcream New commenter

Thanks Boperella for asking this question I treid to write an executive summary, but the questions from the personal specification was more than 2 pages long.

Can somone suggest the solution.

Thanks

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

An E.S. is supposed to be an At-A-Glance document. Having people turn over a page removes that advantage.
    So keep it to the one side.
    You need to:
    • condense what they say
    • group two or more together
    • prioritise and omit
    But get it down to the one side - in normal size print!
    Good luck
    Job Application Seminar Workshops. We look at application letters,
    executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people
    really appreciate.
    See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.Look forward to seeing you!

<a name="6816251">[/URL]