1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and everyone else- eeeeeks! I got an interview!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by SleighBelle, May 8, 2012.

1. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Hello everyone,
    After resigning myself to the fact that I hadn't been shortlisted on last week, I had a phone call this morning. My emailed application hadn't been picked up and was only read this morning. The Head said he read it and was so impressed that he knew he *had* to interview me. That's positive, right?? He especially liked the executive summary so thanks, Theo!
    Scary thing is, though, they are coming to watch me teach my own class TOMORROW MORNING. We're in the throes of SATs preparation and had some really boring test-based work planned but having to change it all now.
    Any top tips or things I remember? It's been years since my last interview or lesson observation for a new job and I'm nervous. Got to shine tomorrow then get ready for the interview at the end of the week!

2. dizzymai

dizzymai New commenter

Woah that's tough, not giving you much notice!

Just do the best lesson you can possibly do in the time. Get in early, make sure all your resources are beautiful and ready, tidy your classroom, tidy displays. THink of it like Ofsted.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Congratulations you obviously <u>really </u>impressed!
    Some Afl would be good for children testing each other on some test questions would enable you to do what you need to but making it slightly less 'boring' possibly?

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Busy busy last night, didn't get a chance to reply, so all I shall say now is:
    a) Well done!
    b) Hope it went well.
    c) Yes, I know that schools especially like the executive summary. :)
    Looking forward to that new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!
    Best wishes.