1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and co - League Table for Indy schools

Discussion in 'Independent' started by Moony, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

I'm applying to a job at an Indy and I'm curious if theres a league table for Indy schools. I'm trying to find out where the indy I did my subject placement is in relation to the one I'm currently applying too.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

This is one of the best - but you have to pay to join.
    http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/public/parentpower/article818425.ece?CMP=KNGvccp1-sunday+times+schools+league+tables
    This one may be useful:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/leaguetables/
    And for general help on applications, read this:
    Thinking of going for a new post. Should the app form be submitted in blocks?
    Best wishes.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.

www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

3. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

With respect to Theo, the national league tables don't necessarily give a very accurate picture of independent schools at GCSE, as many of the top schools enter pupils for IGCSE, which is not yet counted in the tables. A level tables tend to be more useful, but even here I'm not sure if they include things like the Cambridge Pre-U which is popular in some schools. However, the following looks to me to give a pretty accurate picture:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/schooltables/the-top-50-independent-schools-at-alevel-2182749.html
    Of course, there is a lot more to any school than just A-level results!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Of course they don't!
    But the links that I gave give A-level tables too, Florian! And they also explain the criteria for their ranking. The interesting thing is seeing how schools swim up and down the tables, depending on which criteria are used.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com