1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and anyone else with good advice!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ac200000, Jun 1, 2011.

1. I've just completed my PGCE in English/Drama in Northern Ireland, have filled in 7 applications forms, had 2 interviews and so far, no luck.
    Over here school finishes in June, so the jobs are really drying up now, but I know English schools are still hiring.
    My only problem is that my partner, although happy to move, is a Surf/Sailing instructor, so we would need to be relatively coastal and it severely limits my options.
    Cornwall seems like the ideal choice, and there are jobs for English being advertised, I'm just really cautious about paying for flights/hotels for interviews and then not getting the job.
    Does anyone know of any teaching agencies which operate in Cornwall? I know they sometimes organise multiple interviews or even subsidise travel costs, and it would be reassuring to have someone else on my side.
    Trying not to get disheartened but it's incredibly difficult to remain resilient when all I want is a chance to show how hard I can work!
    Any advice people can offer me would be great--I could do with a few words of encouragement myself!
    Amanda