1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear theo and anyone else interview advice

Discussion in 'Independent' started by boperella, May 21, 2011.

1. Hello. I have 2 interviews next week at Indy schools and would love either of them. Jave spoken to people I know in Indys for advice but wondered if anyone else could help out with what they will be expecting eg lesson plan should it link to the eyfs and level 1 app like I would in a state school? Also main issues facing Indy schools.

One of the schools has told me I will have to do am English and maths test. What Is this likely to be like?!

Thank you for any advice. Eeeek! :)

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done for getting those interviews!
    When you read the Welcome thread here as Lara advises, you will see that each school is different, so it's hard to give any advice about what will be expected!
    All you can do is read very carefully their literature and website, to get a feel of what they are like. I myself would go for more rather than less, and do make sure that you are ready with differentiation, as the children may be more advanced than your experience.
    One general tip: indy schools don't much like the state acronyms: PPA, etc.
    To prepare for your next interview, do make sure that
    you read - or re-read - the interview clickables inside the JobSeekers Forum Welcome thread.
    Welcome - Jobseeking FAQs - Apply and get shortlisted - Interview tips and questions
    People have found these clickables very helpful. It's also a good idea to do a search on the Indy Forum for Interview, to get other people's experience.
    As for the tests - spelling, grammar and punctuation, plus basic maths would be my guess.
    Best of luck!

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is available now on 22 May <u>www.tesweekendworkshop32.eventbrite.com</u>, and another is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!