1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and anyone else 'I'll keep your details on file'

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by greydar, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Hello all. At a recent interview (Secondary) I was unsuccessful and told it was 'very close' and asked by the Head if they could keep my details 'on file.'

Although it has been about a month and nothing, does anyone have experience of anything coming of this?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well, presumably what this meant was that next time they had a vacancy, or a need for supply, they would contact you.
    And I doubt that there would be a vacancy within a month, so don't let this stop you looking for other jobs.
    Best wishes
    ._____________________________________________________________
    TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

3. As a school governor, I think the rules are that if another vacancy comes up within six months and you have already been interviewed they can then offer you the post without further application/interview etc. For example, if a maternity post came up which you would be suitable for then it would be easier and cheaper for them just to get in touch and ask if you want the position.
    So, if they say can they keep your details I'd say it's a good sign, but like another poster says, don't let it stop you from looking for other jobs