1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and anyone else! Application Form help

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mazjak, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Hi there, can anyone advise me please?
    I am applying for a job after nearly 5 years away from teaching. The application form has a section "Present/last appointment: If teaching" then a section "Present/last appointment: If non teaching."
    I am currently doing a very small part time job running pre-school music classes (only a couple of hours a week). but my last teaching post was 5 years ago. Shall I put my last teaching post down in the first section, or leave that blank and put my current small job down in the second section? Or would it be OK to fill in both?!
    Also the school may want to know which point on the pay scale I was on when I left, so not sure where to put that, as there is only a space in each section for current salary.
    Thanks in advance for your help!

2. One more question...
    For Professional courses attended as a teacher (in past 3 years) Obviously I haven't been on any in the last 3 years so is it OK to put the ones I went on in the last 3 years that I was teaching, or should I just leave it blank? Thanks

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oops! Now I cannot read the second question, and cannot remember it either. Bother that old brain!
    This to me means "If you are applying for a teaching job", so that is the bit that you fill in, with your last school job.
    But I don't see why you shouldn't put the other job in too, in the other bit. Get the benefit of both!
    Write e.g. M3 in last FT post. That'll cover it.
    Before you go much further with your application, do read the general advice in here:
    Dear Theo I need help!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, put in the ones that you did before.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

5. Thank you Theo :)