1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and anybody else who can help... extra curricular activities

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by tigger82, May 1, 2012.

1. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

I am going to apply for a job at an independent prep school and have been looking at their list of extra curricular activites.
    I have though of some new actvities I can offer that are not sporty but also a couple of existing things I would love to be a part of. Do I put all of them in my application or just the existing ones?
    What do you think folks?

2. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

I am going to apply for a job at an independent prep school and have been looking at their list of extra curricular activites.
    I have though of some new actvities I can offer that are not sporty but also a couple of existing things I would love to be a part of. Do I put all of them in my application or just the existing ones?
    What do you think folks?

3. My opinion, for what it's worth, would be to put all of them.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You need to show them that you are willing and able to make what many schools call a 'Generous Contribution' to their extra-curricular programme.

So say what you currently do, say what you are keen to introduce that tjey don't do, and say what things you would be delighted to help out with from their list.

Go to the independent Forum and read the Welcome thread there pinned to the top of the forum. I assume you have read the advice in our Welcome thread on here?

Best wishes

Posted from my Galaxy Tab

5. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

All of the above done Theo.
    Thank you both for the advice.

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Good!

It is really important that you show yourself as willing to go the extra mile.

Looking forward to you starting a new thread called Dear Theo, I got that job'

Posted from my Galaxy Tab