1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and all...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lara mfl 05, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Firstly congratulations [​IMG].
    We don't discriminate here.We've recently celebrated someone's success at getting a job in Tescos (temporarily until thatteaching post comes up remeber supplyslave). A job IS a job and at least will keep you in education and you'll have loads more to add to your skills list with your next application.
    Yes, unfortunately, sometimes being higher up the payscale and 'expensive' can coumt against you, but it doesn't seem any easier for NQTs at the moment either!
    I'm sure a school would understand your need to keep applying for permanent positions, as the post is of indeterminate length. In the past I haven't been willing to apply for posts and cause more disruption to the children and have always agreed to stay until the sick colleague returned, thereby 'missing out on potential posts and colleagues have always questioned my reasoning on this. For me it was always more important to keep continuity for the pupils and my integrity has been rewarded in that I've had a succession of other long-term sick posts.
    As to your notice, from reading these forums, this can vary from school to school, so ask for your school and explain why you're looking for other posts.

2. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

Well done on the job! In regards to your notice - check your contract; it should state very clearly how much notice you have to give. If it does not, ask for this information in writing.

3. lilykitty

lilykitty New commenter

Congratulations! [​IMG]
    A job is a job, and being back in a school environment can only be a good thing. I'm starting to feel more rusty than the Tin Man.
    Like everyone else, I would carry on applying for other jobs once you are sure about your notice.
    Now go and celebrate! [​IMG]