1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and All

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Di_1985, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Exclamations in personal statement when discussing your own sense of humour as required in personal spec - yay or nay!? There are exclamations in the letter discussing the role. Basically wanting to say that I know the appropriate times to use humour as another 'key skill' and wanting to follow this with 'I am more than happy to laugh at myself along with the students however I must stress that this is then related back to the class task' - wording needs work but you get my drift!?

2. I personally would leave that criteria out about having a sense of humour. if they shortlist you they can can a better view of your personality during the interview/lesson observation/other tasks.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I'm with semteach here!
    Sense of humour is a criterion that you should not try to illustrate in any way in an application.
    It is a professional document, just omit this.
    Make sure that you read the advice in the shortlisting clickables inside the Welcome thread.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.