1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and all: two interviews in a row

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by weetweet, May 3, 2012.

1. Hello there!

thanks to the eXecutive summary and hard work, I am finally getting interviews! Yay

the situations is as followed:

one interview on Tuesday in a school that I like

one interview on Wednesday in a school that I love.

Obviously I would love to get the chance to prove myself in both interviews but I am worried about the famous "are you still a firm candidate" question coming from the first school. If I say that I'd like to think about it they might think that it means no, and I don't really know how to tell them in a nice way that I'm just waiting for my second interview.

Should I answer "yes" to the firm candidate question, wait for the phone call, and then say something aolng the lines " could I get a twenty four hours thinking time?" and wait until my second interview?

For my current role they offered me the job on the day of the interview, rushed me into signing the contract that very day too and I always regretted it so I am a bit worried now.

Also I am French and my partner always tells me that I am too straightforward when speaking up my mind so I worry that the way I answer the first school's question might seem a bit off-putting.

any advice?

Thank you!!!

2. Hello there!

thanks to the eXecutive summary and hard work, I am finally getting interviews! Yay

the situations is as followed:

one interview on Tuesday in a school that I like

one interview on Wednesday in a school that I love.

Obviously I would love to get the chance to prove myself in both interviews but I am worried about the famous "are you still a firm candidate" question coming from the first school. If I say that I'd like to think about it they might think that it means no, and I don't really know how to tell them in a nice way that I'm just waiting for my second interview.

Should I answer "yes" to the firm candidate question, wait for the phone call, and then say something aolng the lines " could I get a twenty four hours thinking time?" and wait until my second interview?

For my current role they offered me the job on the day of the interview, rushed me into signing the contract that very day too and I always regretted it so I am a bit worried now.

Also I am French and my partner always tells me that I am too straightforward when speaking up my mind so I worry that the way I answer the first school's question might seem a bit off-putting.

any advice?

Thank you!!!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

The way that I see it is like this:
    At the point that they ask you (since you haven't yet gone to the second interview), you ARE a firm candidate. So you can reply Yes, I am.
    Yes, you can, and a 24 hour wait is not unreasonable. They may say No, of course!
    I have done that when I had an outstanding candidate that I didn't wish to lose . . . [​IMG]
    Read this by the way:multiple interviews
    Good luck - and as the TES filter is only in English, I'll also say ***!

4. LOL!