1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and all: second interview at a 6th form college

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by f.a.b, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    So I have another interview, my second, but yet again a 6th form college. I am more than pleased for it but getting a feeling there is something about my app/me that is geared towards college posts?? I applied to 5 other SCHOOL positions at the same time and not one interview.
    Any ideas what it is? Like I said I'm very happy for the opportunity but as we know there are fewer 6th form college jobs.
    Thanks oh and any tips are welcome :)

2. Hi all,
    So I have another interview, my second, but yet again a 6th form college. I am more than pleased for it but getting a feeling there is something about my app/me that is geared towards college posts?? I applied to 5 other SCHOOL positions at the same time and not one interview.
    Any ideas what it is? Like I said I'm very happy for the opportunity but as we know there are fewer 6th form college jobs.
    Thanks oh and any tips are welcome :)

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done for getting that interview!
    No, I have no idea why the school ones aren't getting you interviews - it may be, of course, because SFC pay is less than in schools, so there are fewer candidates. The school posts may be awash with applications, and yours gets lost.
    Just a guess, nothing more.
    Tips? Masses - look in the Welcome thread for the shortlisting clickables. Good luck!
    Best wishes

4. Thanks Theo, you mentioned you were vice principal at a very good college previously so maybe you can help with the following.

I have a lesson to teach and was wondering if I should do the same things as with under 16's i.e give them all a sticky label to write their names on, say the classroom rules at the start?

I don't want to be patronising as they are post 16. What advice can you give regarding carrying out the lesson for post 16. Many thanks.