1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and all... routes into leadership roles

Discussion in 'Independent' started by TheoGriff, Apr 29, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well, I am at a loss here, as you are speaking a foreign language to me! I'm afraid that I don't recognise those acronyms.
    You need to be clear in your reasons for this. What experience do you have of boarding? What is it about this that attracts you? What have you done so far in your career that shows that you have the sort of commitment that is looked for in an indy school? Sit down, think of examples, and write them all down, so that you can gauge the strength of your application.
    I can't really say Yes or No here, as I don't know anything about you!
    Most schools would look with pleasure on a candidate who has shown some signs of being willing to move towards leadership by, for example, taking on responsibility for co-ordinating the work of colleagues in one Key Stage, or one aspect of the syllabus.
    Why not talk to your Head of department (if there is one!) or Head of faculty, and ask them what opportunities there might be for you to do something like this in your school, as a step towards leadership roles.
    P.S.:
    Do be careful of typos - or even worse, of spelling mistakes with the dreaded schwa!
    Best wishes

2. peterdevon

peterdevon New commenter

One who teaches principles, but not details?

3. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

It would seem not based on my experience! There is some milage for comedy and innuendo around the title of Rector too in my school.
    Some of the titles are a little odd I grant you but I don't invent them - just use them.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Er. . .
    Think that there may be a reference here to the difference between Principle and Principal . . .
    *cough*

Posted from my Galaxy Tab

5. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Ah yes I see...
    If I wasn't so tired I would probably be ashamed of that