1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and all: Positive stories please!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by everyavenue, Jul 19, 2011.

1. everyavenue

everyavenue New commenter

Dear all,
    Please could you post your stories about how you DID get the job after a struggle with supply/interview panic/maternity cover/bad experience etc. It's just there is so much negative news about, I wondered if we could have some good news from the people who made it through what can only be described as an exceptionally competitive field!!
    Thanks in advance for any cheery news!!

2. everyavenue

everyavenue New commenter

Dear all,
    Please could you post your stories about how you DID get the job after a struggle with supply/interview panic/maternity cover/bad experience etc. It's just there is so much negative news about, I wondered if we could have some good news from the people who made it through what can only be described as an exceptionally competitive field!!
    Thanks in advance for any cheery news!!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

When people get a job, they start a new thread and I give them a sparkly star.
    So if you do a search for "sparkly star", you'll get heaps of good luck stories!
    There were days when we got 4 or 5 in just the one day . . .
    So don't give up - and if you do get a job, start the Dear Theo, I got a job! thread to give hope to other posters.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

4. I felt exactly like you are saying in your post and amazed myself when I had the good luck to demand a rotaing shiny star!!!

Best advice is persevere, if you get to roll those dice often enough the laws of probability state that a 6 WILL come up!!!!

(Cue all sorts of comments about loaded dice etc etc!!!)