1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and all - KS1/KS2?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by welshchocoholic1, Apr 4, 2012.

1. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Hope you are all having a good Easter Holiday [​IMG]!
    Just wondering about applying for jobs. I have been applying for middle schools and primary schools, but in KS2. I haven't actually applied for KS1. I was wondering whether I should apply or not? I <u>have </u>had experience in KS1, but more in KS2. I don't know whether I should just stick with KS2, and not bother applying for KS1 as I don't have that much experience, or just apply and see what happens[​IMG]?

2. welshchocoholic1

Hope you are all having a good Easter Holiday [​IMG]!
    Just wondering about applying for jobs. I have been applying for middle schools and primary schools, but in KS2. I haven't actually applied for KS1. I was wondering whether I should apply or not? I <u>have </u>had experience in KS1, but more in KS2. I don't know whether I should just stick with KS2, and not bother applying for KS1 as I don't have that much experience, or just apply and see what happens[​IMG]?

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You DO have KS1 experience, so why not try one or two that are really well-suited (location of school in particular), and see what happens?
    You'll need in your application to emphasis your transferable skills and your flexibility as well as your actual experience.
    Best wishes - it has stopped raining here at last!

4. welshchocoholic1

Think I might do this,
    and this, and see what happens.
    Thank you for your advice as always [​IMG]
    [​IMG]!