1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and all,Interview lesson, revision lesson

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by f.a.b, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Hi

So my interview lesson is for post 16 yr 13 and it is a REVISION lesson, only 20 minutes.
    Do I need a definite starter, main and plenary OR can I have a few plenaries along the way as it is a revision lesson?
    The topic I have been given includes two topics so I was thinking starter, main plenary on first topic then main teaching topic 2 and plenaries at the end for topic 2 and again encompassing both topics.
    It's revision so I am thinking I have to prove at the end 'look before you knew x. now you know xyz'. Is this correct?
    By the way this is my first ever teaching interview, so please do advise. Thanks

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done for getting that interview! Go to the Welcome thread and read the Interview clickables for general advice.
    As for your lesson - it's only 20 minutes! I doubt if you would have time to have "A few plenaries along the way".
    This thread here gives links to two more threads that are of interest to you.
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/566477/7379881.aspx#7379881
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.