1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and all - I am going!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by welshchocoholic1, Dec 2, 2011.

1. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Ok so after thinking really hard about it I have decided that I would be an idiot not to go to this interview. Am slightly more positive today, though some negatives too.
    <u>Negative</u>
    • Still don't know how I can overcome nerves at interview, no matter what I do[​IMG]!
    <u>Positive</u>
    • Despite being miserable about feedback there were some positives too. My lesson was ok. The Head said I should have been proud to get to interview as there were loads of applicants he could have chosen.
    • I was enthusiastic, caring an had a good replationship with the pupils apparently.
    • I <u>AM </u>now going to go to this other interview, as, and a lot of you have said this I would be thinking what if, and it's all practice.
    • I have already worked in this school ,and they have asked for me back a couple of times, and the headteacher has seen me teach in ' non interview' mode.
    • Was really feelling like giving up all together (again), but then realised I love teaching, and this is the only thing I want to do.
    • The worst thing that will happen is I don ' t get it.
    • I am slowly getting my determination back.
    • I have 1 day supply on Monday in another school, that have also asked me back.
    More positives see[​IMG] - hope you're all well xx

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Well done you! [​IMG]
    Any chance you can practise your interview lesson when you're in on supply in another school? (Cheeky I know [​IMG])
    It sounds very positive that the head has already seen you teach and has still decided to call you for interview. Hopefully you will feel less nervous because you already know the people at the school. Don't forget though - you must assume that they know nothing about you when you answer your interview questions.
    Huge positive:- You must be doing something right if schools are asking you back for supply. [​IMG]
    Now, take good care of yourself - so sorry to hear you are not well - it's horrible to faint - but on the positive side - at least you were in the right place to do it! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well done! That bucket of cold water must have helped a little bit?
    Sorry to hear about the fainting/pneumonia. Good that you were at the dr's and with treatment should be rapidly on the mend.[​IMG]
    Just look at how many nore postives than negatives you've written. Hang on to those.
    To be doing supply will be good (and as marlin has said you could do some practising on actual children).
    Give me a little time and I'll see if I can post a suitable Get well bouquet on the Flowers thread.

4. Ozzie777

Ozzie777 New commenter

Really pleased to hear that you are making the positive step of going to the interview. All the very best of luck