Dear Theo and all wise sages, I'm back in the job market and finding it just as hard as you guys out there. I visited a school today which, in an endeavour to beat the resignation deadline, has an extremely short timetable for shortlisting, observation and interview. Because of this I spent the weekend on my application as the job looked great. The head was lovely and the job interesting but I came away with a feeling of disquiet, I'm just not sure if it's the right place for me. For discretion's sake I don't want to go into details about why. I handed in my application, in hindsight the big White envelope I was carrying was a bit obvious, but now I'm having second thoughts , hence why I'm still up at this ridiculous hour! So this is the question...... Would I be mad to turn down an interview, if I'm offered one, in this job market? Should I politely withdraw before the shortlisting date or wait and see? Head says keep going, heart says withdraw.... All advice gratefully received.