1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and all - have made some decisions!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by welshchocoholic1, May 3, 2012.

1. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Hello,
    I don't know why I'm writing this really. Just thought I'd let you know that I've made a few decisions, and am probably going to be sticking to them.
    1. Have given one of the schools permission to send my details on to another school.
    2. After an 'incident' happened within the year group I teach - not me, but to another collleague, even if there was a job there I will <u>NOT</u> be going back in September! I'll stay with my class until the end of the year, as they can't be doing with having yet another supply teacher, and even though they're EXTREMELY naughty, I do like them [​IMG]![/i]
    3. I am going to continue to apply, but If I am unsuccessful by September, which is highly likely, I will give up teaching all together, as can't be doing with it anymore [​IMG])
    Anyway, sorry to be SO depressing - hope you all have a lovely bank holiday weekend [​IMG]

2. welshchocoholic1

Hello,
    I don't know why I'm writing this really. Just thought I'd let you know that I've made a few decisions, and am probably going to be sticking to them.
    1. Have given one of the schools permission to send my details on to another school.
    2. After an 'incident' happened within the year group I teach - not me, but to another collleague, even if there was a job there I will <u>NOT</u> be going back in September! I'll stay with my class until the end of the year, as they can't be doing with having yet another supply teacher, and even though they're EXTREMELY naughty, I do like them [​IMG]![/i]
    3. I am going to continue to apply, but If I am unsuccessful by September, which is highly likely, I will give up teaching all together, as can't be doing with it anymore [​IMG])
    Anyway, sorry to be SO depressing - hope you all have a lovely bank holiday weekend [​IMG]

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

"Had a phone call from my agency today saying that I have been the only
    supply teacher to stick with it so long, and I have one of the worse
    classes in the school
    "
    So <u>you are a really good teacher</u>! [​IMG]
    Despite the class, you say "I do like them", so teaching is 'in you'. Please don't let that talent go to waste.[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Let's hope the referral to the other school pays off!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Nothing like having made some decisions to get a nice, warm feeling! You have made good use of your voting day off.
    1) Excellent!
    2) Speak to the Agency and ask them to say that in any reference. You can also put it in your application letter yourself. Not about the worst class, but about you being the only one to stick with them. It shows that the most important thing for you is the children and theyr success.
    3) Hmn. I do feel that you would be a loss to the profession, you know.
    Have a good day tomorrow, and a lovely three days.
    Best wishes

5. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

Well done for making some decisions, Welsh, although as others have said, you sound like a fab teacher and it's a shame you can't continue.
    I hope you have a lovely BH weekend, too!

6. welshchocoholic1

Am not a fab or great teacher - wish I was[​IMG]!
    Well no one <u>actually</u> wants me, so don't think I'd be a loss to anyone [​IMG]
    Thanks Sillow. Hope you all have a lovely BH weekend too[​IMG].
    Just finishing off stupid school work. Then re pack. Could someone please go to Wales and get my Kindle charger thing, and then tell me in which safe place I put my camera [​IMG]? Thanks.

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

If you live or visit in more than one place, you need more than one Kindle charger, so that you can lose them more happily. Amazon has masses - here's the cheapest:
    [​IMG]

FoneM8 - Mains Charger For The New 2011 Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display <font color="#004b91">&pound;0.85p plus &pound;1.95 postage</font>
    Best wishes

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

If you live or visit in more than one place, you need more than one Kindle charger, so that you can lose them more happily. Amazon has masses from &pound;0.85p plus P&P.
    And if you have a fairly new phone, your phone charger works perfectly with the Kindle - saves carrying two chargers around too.
    Best wishes