1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear theo and all a thank you and

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by SBW2009, Apr 22, 2012.

1. SBW2009

SBW2009 New commenter

Hi all!
    I have an interview next week so i'm really pleased as my teaching past has been a little bitty!
    Its for a HOD which i am currently but in a lovely school and better location! I've read the tips - thank you!
    However, .... the interview doesn't have a lesson to teach or pupil voice / pupil pannel and is just a presentation. I find this a little strange and have never come across this. I was lead to believe that how you interact with pupils is vital for roles within school (even roles with promotion).
    This this becoming more common or just a different schools take on the application process?
    Thanks!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done for the interview! Great going.
    I guess that it is just this. But in some ways they will be testing your teaching through the presentation . . .
    Looking forward to that new thread from you called Dear Theo - I got that job!
    Best wishes

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I would imagine it's because it's for a HoD position. Your teaching ablilities should be a 'given' for this level of job, though I've known many DH have to 'teach' a lesson or do an assembly etc.

4. SBW2009

SBW2009 New commenter

Thank you!
    I will do if i get the job! Really appreciate the advice!