1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and all - a question about references and a quick one about the E.S

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Dec 5, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Q1 I would leave out things that are too personal, unless you can say something like: parents wrote to thank me for being supportive to their son.
    Q2 Once someone has written a reference for you, it's dead easy to write another - just get it off the computer. It's writing it the first time that's hard. So don't worry about over-doing it. They would appreciate a Thank-You from you,mind - a nice card saying that you really appreciate the support that they are giving you, and you hope soon to be successful.
    Q2.5 Yes, that would be better, as it would refer to MFL.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

2. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

[​IMG] Thank you!
    Have already done this [​IMG] . . . .
    though did not write this -
    Only just got this - am slow tonight!
    Thank you <u>SO</u> much for all your advice. It really is appreciated [​IMG]! x