1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo & ALL: A 2nd interview HELP!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Penguin1212, May 5, 2011.

1. Hello!
    A few weeks ago I had an interview for and AHT, wasn't disasterous but wasn't WOW either, my first SMT interview so although was gutted I have learned from it and feel more postive. I have now secured a 2nd interview for a DHT position - was amazed I got an interview but really want to nail it this time!
    My worry is there are 3 presentations - 30 mins to prepare - 5 min presentations followed by panel interview on Leadership and Management, Cathlocity & Community and Curriculum (No visual aids) Then if I manage to get through that (they may eliminate any of the 3 candidates) there will be a 'task' not sure if this is a intray or what? Followed by a full governing body interview.
    I just dont know if I have the stamina for it?? Has anyone ever been through something like this before? Is there a good way to prepare? What can I expect? Any tips or advice would be very very much appreciated....THANK YOU x

2. Hello!
    A few weeks ago I had an interview for and AHT, wasn't disasterous but wasn't WOW either, my first SMT interview so although was gutted I have learned from it and feel more postive. I have now secured a 2nd interview for a DHT position - was amazed I got an interview but really want to nail it this time!
    My worry is there are 3 presentations - 30 mins to prepare - 5 min presentations followed by panel interview on Leadership and Management, Cathlocity & Community and Curriculum (No visual aids) Then if I manage to get through that (they may eliminate any of the 3 candidates) there will be a 'task' not sure if this is a intray or what? Followed by a full governing body interview.
    I just dont know if I have the stamina for it?? Has anyone ever been through something like this before? Is there a good way to prepare? What can I expect? Any tips or advice would be very very much appreciated....THANK YOU x

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I've a feeling current deputies might say that if you don't have the stamina for this, you probably don't have the stamina to be a DH.

Sounds tricky, but not unusual. Be confident and best of luck!

4. Im sure they would.......Just a little daunting, and as someone who always wants to give thier 100% best I am nervous....walking into unknown territory and was looking for a little bit of advice and a head's up! [​IMG]