1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, advice please!

Discussion in 'Independent' started by hlj83, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Just wanted to see if anyone can offer me any advice on how to deal with this situation.

I've found a job in a small independent school I want to apply for and phoned to get an application form. The email I got back has someone elses application for the same job attached. I read enough of the application form to realise what it was and then closed it. I have no idea what to do about this. I don't have a blank application to fill in myself so if I want to do it over the weekend (deadline is fri) I'm going to have to open the document again to delete the details. I also have no idea how to broach this with the school as there has obviously been a serious administrative error on their part.

Any advice on this situation would be greatly appreciated!

2. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Also, if the form is a Word file, make sure that you don't have either "Fast Save" or "Revision Tracking" turned on in Word before you save the file, otherwise the deleted material actually remains in the file.

3. v12

v12

Not wishing to throw a spanner into the works but could it be a part of the interview process?

4. musicaljoke

musicaljoke New commenter

lol! I doubt any independent School is going to be breaking all kinds of data protection and confidentiality laws to see how it phases a candidate.

5. musicaljoke

musicaljoke New commenter

sorry meant fazes!

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Probably also a mistake of the applicant, who received the application form with the filename ApplicationForm.docx and just filled in and sent it back with the same filename, instead of putting his own name in it.
    Silly thing!
    So the sec downloaded it, saved it without checking the filename (silly . . .) so it overwrote her master.
    I did tell you to change the filename, didn't I?
    Good luck!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews. The next Job Application seminar where you can meet me in on Saturday 2 April.
    www.tesweekendworkshop19.eventbrite.com
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!