I currently work in an FE college, but am facing redundancy. There are several posts internally which I can apply for, however I've seen an external one which I really like the look of. The problem is that they will not be shortlisting and interviewing until nearly two weeks after the interviews for the internal vacancies. Where would I stand if I verbally accepted an internal post, but if successful at the other job, decided instead that I would like to take the redundancy? I really don't want to be left without a job, but the salary and benefits of the external post are better than the internal ones on offer. I've seen enough of interviews to make me very cynical, and am concerned that if I take a punt on the external post, they will already have an internal applicant/someone cheaper in mind for the position and I could be left high and dry! Any advice welcome.