1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo: Advice on next step please!

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by Minervaminx, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Dear all,
    I have been teaching for about 7 years, had a two year break due to a double dose of cancer, returned to a HOY promotion and recently went for a Maternity post for AHT which will last until July and I am loving the responsibility and the opportunity to influence the school I am in.
    The question is this. My maternity cover person returns in July. Do I therefore return to the HOY job and then stay until Year 11 and then look for an AHT job or do I go for an AHT job now despite only having 6 months experience? Having looked, there aren't many AHT jobs, but there are a number of DHT jobs but I am concerned that only having worked at one secondary school I am underqualified. I am enthusiastic and committed though!
    My headteacher has told me to 'go for it' but I would really welcome your opinions..

Thank you,