1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo... advice on executive summary

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by lashani01, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Hello Theo,

I'm sure you are inundated with executive summary requests, I have a question as i am trying to fill one out for the first time ever and i am struggling a bit. This is for a classroom teacher position, but how would you say in your experience against the school's requirements that you have excellent class room practice. I was wondering if i could write down lesson observations and what would you put for relationships with young people?
    Thanks in advance

2. Hello Theo,

I'm sure you are inundated with executive summary requests, I have a question as i am trying to fill one out for the first time ever and i am struggling a bit. This is for a classroom teacher position, but how would you say in your experience against the school's requirements that you have excellent class room practice. I was wondering if i could write down lesson observations and what would you put for relationships with young people?
    Thanks in advance

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

My best piece of advice to you, actually, is to go to this seminar next week:
    S100. Winning That Teaching Job – Saturday 28th April - Making the best of your application – How to make sure your application gets noticed - How to shine atInterview
    Presented by Helen Beckett and Lynne Johnson
    For more information and to register please visit: www.tesweekendworkshop100.eventbrite.co.uk
    We had someone only yesterday who posted here that she'd got a job after going to the last one, so if you are beginning the job search, it's an excellent investment!
    Graded as Good with some Outstanding features by my mentor/Head of Department. But only if it's true!
    Form positive and professional working relationships with students.
    That's your lot! I'm not going to write any more of it for you! The seminar deals with writing executive summaries, by the way, among other things.
    Best wishes

4. Thanks, for this you are a credit to education and job seekers... I am in the process of booking the seminar for next week.