1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - advert to interview 6 days

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Catan07, May 19, 2012.

1. Catan07

Catan07 New commenter

Dear Theo,
    I have seen an advert which says that the interviews will be in 6 days time. The ad was new yesterday. Does this sound unusual and is it likely to be an ad just to meet legal requirements? I have heard that it is ok to ring up schools to check if there are internal candidates- is this really ok?
    Thanks

2. This.

As for internal candidates, I went for an interview where, of the six of us, 2 were on temporary posts there, one was doing a day a week there as part of her GTP, I'd been on placement there and someone else had done her pre-PGCE observations there. Who did they hire? The only one of us who'd never had anything to do with the school before (I know her- she's a fantastic teacher and it was well deserved)- the school went with the best candidate

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Absolutely!
    Can you imagine how daft not to?!
    And everyone is right about the May 31 deadline.
    Best wishes