1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - address on letter

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Helena Handbasket, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket New commenter

Hi Theo (I have now written this post three times so I apologise if it turns up 3 times on the page).

I am applying for a job an hour away from where I am currently living - it is pretty much the job I am doing now but comes with a TLR attached. My question is relating to my address on the application letter. The application closing date is 29th March and I move into a new flat on 1st April.
    My questions are:
    Do I put my new address down as that is where I will probably be if I am contacted for interview?
    Do I put my current address on and add on a seperate sheet that I am moving and will be at the new address with that information?
    If I tell them I am moving should I clarify that it is a 6 month rental contract and would therefore not stop me taking up a post with them in September?

Thanks

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I wouldn't worry about telling them about the 6 month rental contract-they'll presume if you're applying from away you'd relocate.
    I would, however, write;
    present address . . . '
    address as from Apr 1st' . . . . , so in the event of you being invited for interview they know where to contact you. I would put both addresses on the same sheet (sheets have been known to come adrift on occasion!)
    Best of luck!

3. Another option could be to have your post redirected to your new address.[​IMG]
    A bit extreme maybe but it saved me from worrying about who i had forgotten to inform.. all my bills followed me.