1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Academy vs LEA

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Angelclara82, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Angelclara82

Angelclara82 New commenter

Hiya,
    I have recently encountered my worst term in education EVER! From back stabbing staff to risk of redundancy to untrustworthy LT I am now seeking to leave. I have found a job which I had applied for however it is currently under going academy consultation. The school is deemed as outstanding and has a very good reputation. My concern is the security of pay/pension and redundancy. If i was successful in the post what happens to my time in service with the LA and my package if I was to be made redundant in this very unsettled time?
    Any thoughts or advice will be greatly received!!!!!

Thanks

AC x

2. Hey ac, first off apologies I'm typing on the phone so there will be a lot of typo's! Your question is great and i hope Theo answers it. My school is currently 'making the change' for sept, and if I was not planning on leaving I would be very worried. I think if it were me id need to ask some very tough questions on the interview day and talk to the existing staff about the assurances that have been made.
    I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but so many schools are/ have become academies I'm not sure many of us can afford not to apply to them.
    S