1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo-a question about interview day...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Teacher451, May 5, 2012.

1. Firstly, I would like to say a huge thank you to you Theo (and all of the other posters) as I have got an interview at a school next week! I know they had a lot of applicants and so I'm very pleased to have been offered an interview. However, as this is such a good school I know the candidates will be really put through their paces and given some tasks to do during the day. Does anyone have any ideas about what they could be? We're to teach a lesson and do a presentation but I'm sure they're going to ask us to do other things on the spot. I've got my app things ready and will take my copy of the curriculum but I'm struggling to think of what else to have up my sleeve! Any ideas would be great :) Thanks again!

2. Firstly, I would like to say a huge thank you to you Theo (and all of the other posters) as I have got an interview at a school next week! I know they had a lot of applicants and so I'm very pleased to have been offered an interview. However, as this is such a good school I know the candidates will be really put through their paces and given some tasks to do during the day. Does anyone have any ideas about what they could be? We're to teach a lesson and do a presentation but I'm sure they're going to ask us to do other things on the spot. I've got my app things ready and will take my copy of the curriculum but I'm struggling to think of what else to have up my sleeve! Any ideas would be great :) Thanks again!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done on getting that interview! That is excellent news.
    Marking something? Levelling something? Planning a curriculum unit? Writing a letter to parents to introduce yourself? Planning a lesson on a specific topic to include appropriate differentiation?
    Just think of the day-to-day tasks that you might do. And also remember that it will be a very achievable task - not much point in setting it otherwise.
    N.B. I shall not visit this thread again to answer a new question, so you will need to start a new one with any further questions. This makes sure that other posters know exactly what the questions are that are answered inside the thread.
    And if you want me to answer, then put Dear Theo in the title again!
    Thanks!
    Best wishes

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Blue!
    How did that come out blue!