1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo: A question about Executive Summary

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by rachymac, Jan 14, 2012.

1. I am currently filling out a job application which has asked for an accompanying letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) to be sent with the application form. Would you recommend writing a letter which fits onto a single page, and then a full-page Executive Summary to go with it? (There was nowhere on the application form to include it, otherwise I would have done.)

Thanks.

2. I am currently filling out a job application which has asked for an accompanying letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) to be sent with the application form. Would you recommend writing a letter which fits onto a single page, and then a full-page Executive Summary to go with it? (There was nowhere on the application form to include it, otherwise I would have done.)

Thanks.

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Write your letter to be less than 2 pages as requested (if you need most of the 2 that's fine) and do the ES as a seperate additional sheet. They don't have to read it but they most likely will x

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Never less than 2 sides for your application letter; you need to sell yourself!
    Do the executive summary as an addition.
    It isn't part of the letter, so you are not going against their 2 page letter edict.
    Let's hope it goes well for you!
    Best wishes.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars