1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, A few questions about my first interview...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by veni_vidi, Dec 5, 2011.

1. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

Dear Theo, thanks for your advice on applications (and everyone else!), I have finally got an interview for next week and I have a few questions which would really help. Apologies if they seem trivial, i'm already very nervous.
    1) Is it common practice to ask to speak to someone about the class and any SEN requirements there might be?
    2) Can i request a seating plan marked with names to be given on the day?
    3) If I include a quiz at the end to show progression, would it be a good idea to have a little prize for winners? Maybe some sweets? I would be likely to do this in class, but not sure how it would look in an interview. Maybe like bribary [​IMG]
    4) I know the lesson needs to be my own, however i have found a good interactive game on TES, would it be ok to use? (Obviously not the whole resource).
    5) Would the pupils normally work in their books, or is it better to create a worksheet which they can stick in?
    6) The lesson is 25 mins, any tips on how to get the best out of that time? e.g. still use a starter, 1 activity and plenary.
    Many thanks for yours and anyone else's help!
    Veni

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Great help there from Lara.
    Best wishes for the day!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars