1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - 2 questions

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by welshchocoholic1, Jan 24, 2012.

1. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Hello,
    I know I've got a job atm but was wondering whether it would be ok if I asked 2 questions for the near future, etc[​IMG]?
    1. What is a housemistress?
    Do you have to be young to do this?
    Do you stay within the school all the time? - I have visions of people never being let out ever!
    Sorry that was 3 questions in 1!
    2. Talking about something else now, when you do Interview (yuck!)1-1's would you know who the person is? I do have a reason for asking this question[​IMG]
    Thank you!
    P.S Only 2 smileys - I'm cutting back! (Was so tempted to put a smiley here)

2. welshchocoholic1

Hello,
    I know I've got a job atm but was wondering whether it would be ok if I asked 2 questions for the near future, etc[​IMG]?
    1. What is a housemistress?
    Do you have to be young to do this?
    Do you stay within the school all the time? - I have visions of people never being let out ever!
    Sorry that was 3 questions in 1!
    2. Talking about something else now, when you do Interview (yuck!)1-1's would you know who the person is? I do have a reason for asking this question[​IMG]
    Thank you!
    P.S Only 2 smileys - I'm cutting back! (Was so tempted to put a smiley here)

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Q1 This is an Indy question, I think. In a boarding school it's sort of the Mummy, or equivalent of Form Tutor, but for a group of boarding pupils. In a day school it can just be the person who is the staff leading the House - a division of the school usually but not always for competing. House points, House drama competition, Sports Day, etc.
    Have a read of this thread: Dear Theo - moving to indpendent from state
    Q2 Er . . . Do you mean do I know who is coming? Yes, because I get them to give me masses of pieces of paper beforehand: : most recent application form, an example of a letter, etc., to enable me to prepare properly beforehand.
    And I sometimes e-mail them for extra information. It's a waste of your time for me to have to scan things rapidly during your session, and I like to put in a couple of hours good preparation beforehand to really helpyou out.
    But I never know who are TES posters and who aren't - although that's not true - twice I did know, but only because they told me..
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com<font size="2" color="#0000ff"> </font>

4. welshchocoholic1

Thank you Theo [​IMG]! Sorry I didn't say Thank you earlier!
    I knew I would only make sense to myself, but you have answered it anyway!
    Thanks again [​IMG]