1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo-2 full pages of executive summary and...

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by leavinglondon, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Dear Theo,
    As mentioned in earlier posts, I am applying for a SLT position; my executive statement covers 2 full pages. I can't see how to further summarise my experience and happy to take the risk of sending it as is.

QUESTION 1)
    However, the problem is that there is so much to write about in the personal statement. If I were to explore each point in the excutive statement then my personal statement will continue to run over 3/4 pages. Can I leave some of the points raised in the E.S and just give a gist - picking up on major points with the hope that the others will be addressed at the interview?

QUESTION 2)
    I suppose the drawback to doing it that way is that if they, for some reason, decide not to read the E.S. then my personal statement would not have sold me comprehensively enough.