1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear TES

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3372, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Is there really any reason why you recently ask me every time I log in to accept your cookies?
    Can you not just save the details and stop asking me?

2. Pageant

Pageant Occasional commenter

On my computer, the 'message' just sits at the top of the page (about an inch deep) whenever I open the site.
    It's very easily ignored and probably took me a while to even notice it.

3. Lots of the sites I use regularly are asking the same now.
    Hasn't there been a new European directive or something? By law (?) I think, the user has to know they are being cookie-fied (techy version) every time they open up a site.
    I click "Yes, oh go on then..." or just ignore if there is no button to click.

4. AE - many sites will ask you to accept. They actually only have to tell you they are using cookies.
    But NOT every time you log in.
    Once should be bleddy enough.

5. Oh I've not had that with TES CQ.
    I've noticed the banner at the top...but I think(?) I've only had to click it once.
    I agree...one click is enough.

6. Lucky you.
    They keep asking me again and again and again and again.
    I feel unlistened to!

7. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I got that message on my phone too.

8. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

9. tidal

tidal New commenter

Which makes it even stranger considering I only log on here (or anywhere) using my phone..... Mind you it's not a smartphone. It's about as dim as an earwax candle