1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear TES re. Bots

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3372, Jul 17, 2011.

1. In all the years I have been posting here, we have had trolls and socks.
    That problem seems to have been sorted for the most part.
    But in all the years, there was never a plague of Bots. Hardly a day goes by without some annoying message in my PM box from some bot who says my profile is interesting (which is interesting in itself, as my profile says nothing).
    So what have you changed, that bots can access our profiles and infiltrate our PM boxes?

2. In all the years I have been posting here, we have had trolls and socks.
    That problem seems to have been sorted for the most part.
    But in all the years, there was never a plague of Bots. Hardly a day goes by without some annoying message in my PM box from some bot who says my profile is interesting (which is interesting in itself, as my profile says nothing).
    So what have you changed, that bots can access our profiles and infiltrate our PM boxes?

3. I'll fess up, then.
    It was me, fishing for more lovely ladies to join the ever burgeoning cyolba-ettes. The trouble is, whilst the fishing expeditions are fine, the blooming techie guys are way behind on cloning me, so I'm getting completely exhausted keeping so many TESladies contented.
    cyolba, up all night, every night :)