1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear TES - is it just my computer? "Sticky" TES

Discussion in 'Personal' started by coffeekid, Jan 8, 2016.

1. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I don't think it's just my computer, as it happens on the lap-top too - TES seems awfully sticky and slow. Takes a few seconds for any actions to happen or for the cursor finger to work. Is this something to do with all the adverts?

2. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

It's only happening on TES, not on any other site I'm using. I may have answered my own question here.

sabrinakat likes this.
  3. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Seems fine here but jacob was complaining to something similar a few days ago.

coffeekid likes this.
  4. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Hmm, thanks Flere.

5. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Mine was like that earlier
    I logged off and back on and it improved
    Don't know if that was timing or the actions though

coffeekid likes this.
  6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Since popping adblocker on [with TES encouraging me] it has become lovely and smooth.

7. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Ianokia -

a) hope first week was ok?
    b) what is this adblocker you speak of?

hugs!

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

a] actually it's been surprisingly positive... obviously not taking it for granted but last couple of days have been smooth. My line manager is said to be 'delighted' with me so that's a new experience!

b] I have it on both firefox and chrome now. I think I clicked a link that @Didactylos4 posted. But I'm sure you can easily google it up. Youtube is now a lot smoother as well.

lindenlea and sabrinakat like this.
  9. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

good! (it is a nice feeling - I really like my new school and am still surprised that when people ask to have a word, it's not a bad thing!]

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I know! The HT came in my lesson and looked about with a visitor, then had a chat with me and .... that was it... in my old place I'd have been terrified of a summons to his office... her he just told my line manager how impressed he was [that he'd been able to bring a visitor in to a classroom with a teacher who'd only been there 3 days]

Obviously there are out-of-line kids and cheek... but yeah going well.

lindenlea and InkyP like this.
  11. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

That's sometimes happening to me too. I don't have any ads - although I've switched adblock off on here, they only appear sporadically. I do have Flash Player switched off because the embedded videos really slowed things down - and that also means I don't get the noisy ad that most posters have been complaining about. I did switch Flash on for a bit to check it out, though and it was easy to switch the ad off by pressing 'pause' - whether it would start up again on another page, I don't know.

coffeekid likes this.
  12. Erin_Rhys

Erin_Rhys Occasional commenter

I would like to know why my posts are being moderated.