1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Teo and all - Deregistered myself from the GTCE and now....

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by supply slave, Apr 3, 2012.

1. what do I do about answering "are you registered with the GTCE". Given that there is no longer a requirement to be registered but I found the following on the DfE website "maintains a record of teachers who have been awarded QTS and enables employers to check this through an online service." So 1) Does this mean that I do have to be registered or not? 2) If I do have to be registered how on earth do I go about it?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I have, just today, received my letter from the GTC informing me of the abolition of the GTC as of 31 March and that from Apr. 1st a new executive agency the Teaching Agency will take over some of the GTC's remit, including a database of who has been awarded QTS and who has passed induction.
    So you could say N/A as GTC abolished but mention that having been previously registered with GTC you understand that your data will be forwarded to the new Teaching Agency.
    By the way they mention that will be no requirement to pay a fee from Apr.1 2012!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, put N/A - if you can.
    I say this because many forms have a Yes/No box to tick for this. So just leave both blank.
    Best wishes