1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear TDA

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by ashtonoaj, Jun 20, 2011.

1. I am starting my teacher training in September and am struggling to get a reading list from my university. Are there any books that you would recommend as essential reading for a BEd student?

Thanks

2. I am starting my teacher training in September and am struggling to get a reading list from my university. Are there any books that you would recommend as essential reading for a BEd student?

Thanks

3. When you start the course there will normally be a registration day where you will be given an outline of the course and the programme for the year which will include a reading list. If you want to start looking at reading before you start we can't suggest which texts are generally used in Bachelor of Education courses but a good start would be Andrew Pollard's "Reflective Teaching" and "Readings for Reflective Teaching", and Bartlett & Burton's "Introduction to Education Studies". Hope this helps.
    Stephen Hillier, TDA