1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear TDA - I am thinking of returning to teaching...

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by NOAH10, Mar 26, 2011.

1. I completed my primary mathematics teacher training in 1995. I then completed two years teaching and gained QTS teaching in a 6th form college. Since then I have held various positions working with vulnerable/challenging children & families. I would now like to return to teaching ... how do I go about this, having had no classroom experience for over 10 yrs ...?

2. The best place to start is by getting in touch with the TDA's Return to Teaching (RTT) programme.
    The RTT programme is designed specifically to help people in your position, who do not require QTS, but have been away from the classroom environment for a while.
    The RTT advisers will be able to provide you with a personalised route to get you back into teaching again. This may include assistance with getting some relevant observational classroom experience, as well as helping to ensure that your subject knowledge and teaching skills are up to date.
    To discuss this programme in more detail, and to sign up for the programme, please call RTT on 0845 6000 993, or you can email them on info@return2teach.tda.gov.uk.
    Alternatively you can register with them by using the following link:
    www.tda.gov.uk/teacher/returning-to-teaching/routes-to-returning/registration/rtt-registration.aspx
    I wish you the very best in your efforts to return to a teaching career.