1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear T Griff, (smelling salts at the ready), I've been offered a position!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lara mfl 05, Oct 1, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done to you, Lara!!!!!
    Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Now go and read this thread - bump it when you have read it.
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    *** Do read it - very important to get everything right! ***
    At last I have a computer, so can give you the star that you so richly deserve, Lara. I hope that you have enjoyed EVERY MINUTE of your days so far.
    And at the weekend buy something, a folder or notebook, that you can use as a Learning Diary to keep a record of what you see as good practice to copy :), or bad to avoid :( and then you can talk about it when you apply for teaching posts.
    If you ever do - I think that your job, working with the students but having less responsibility for doing all that PPA at home, at weekends, in holidays, is the best of both worlds. Except for the pay, of course . . .
    Many many MANY congratulations again.
    Best wishes

2. Oh, huzzah for you!!! I'm so glad that someone has recognised how truly fantastic you are- bravo!!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, I've got it. My very own sparkly star! Gosh does that feel wonderful.
    Oh, I've had a wonderful 2 days and to think that I'll even <u>get paid</u> for it! We even made bread rolls this afternoon in connection with harvest festival. The children were <u>so</u> excited.
    Good idea about the Learning diary, T Griff! I've already spotted a couple of things, so it was a good prompt to remind me to have somewhere proper to jot things down before I forget- at the moment I just have one tiny spiral notebook (formerly my shopping list), where I note reminders of the lesson/ notes.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, try and jot down something most days.
    Best wishes

5. becky70

becky70 Occasional commenter

Well done, Lara, no-one deserves it more than you after all the help and support you've given to others.

6. Bit late to the party, but fantastic news Lara. Very well done. [​IMG]

7. Patontheback

Patontheback New commenter

Well done Lara! You do deserve it. You've been such a support to all of us. I'm glad I checked the posts today for the first time in ages to hear your fantastic news!!!!!!

8. Hey Lara great news - congrats. Sorry I was late just not logged in for a while[​IMG]

9. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

...and I just happened to see a post of yours about a staffroom and bought I had better rush over here to heck for news! Am so glad Lara! Well done you! (And well done the school!) I hope you are enjoying yourself (and taut payslip at the end of the month!) hurrah!

10. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Isn't it marvellous!
    And look how many people are posting to congratulate Lara!
    Best wishes

11. Lara mfl 05

Oh, aren't you people here so wonderful to be excited about my news, when so many of you are still struggling to get 'that position', whether it's a start or a step up.THANK YOU SO MUCH to all posters (and lurkers).
    Hopefully it will encourage others of you, particularly those who've been 'loooking for a while to 'keep on trying', if it's what you're determined to do.I so often refer to Thomas Eddison and his many attempts at trying to make that light bulb. He referred to all his attemps as 'the many steps on the way to SUCCESS! Each attempt/ application/ interview is one of those steps.
    Incidentally, I had what my class teacher referred to as 'my baptism of fire today'. They do a carousel of activities, whilst the year group get together for some planning time. One of the staff was off sick, so I had to step in at short notice and lead the PE sessions with two of the groups. Not perhaps the best subject to do outdoors with children whose names you don't know and I'm glad it wasn't an observed lesson but it was good to feel the skills returning.

12. modgepodge

modgepodge Established commenter

Oh Lara I am pleased for you. You were so kind to me when I was down about haing no job and helped with application and interview questions (twice). You probably don't even remember as you are kind and helpful to everyone! Well done, congratulations and I'm glad the first few days have gone well.

13. Lara,
    Just logged in after a long absence to find your fabulous news!!
    Huge congratulations [​IMG]
    All the best
    S4mm13

14. Congratulations! You have given so many people ideas and support ( including me) - you really deserve it :)

15. Lara mfl 05

Thank you to all those who have just caught up with my news. I've had a wonderful fortnight in school- still grinning!
    In fact it was T Griff, who first inspired me to 'keep on going' and I just want to help pay it back.

16. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Excellent news!
    getting the job was just wonderful; enjoying it is also very good. We are all so pleased for you.
    Come on, Lara, call me Theo!
    I have been called Theo for so long now, including by masses of people in person, as in yesterday's seminars in GES Towers, that I am not only used to it, I like it!
    Best wishes

17. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

I'm a bit late to this, I have only just seen your news. Can I add my congratulations too? You really, really deserve it and it's great to hear how much you are enjoying the job. Go Lara! [​IMG]

18. baileysonice

baileysonice New commenter

Only just seen this fantastic news but congratulations Lara!

19. Just had to add my congratulations too. You also helped me when I was feeling low with no job. So very pleased for you. What lucky children [​IMG]

20. Lara mfl 05

Haven't we got a really supportive, helpful forum here, that even now people remember you and want to add congratulations.
    Remember for those of you still looking- there is HOPE!